Who Am I?

My name is Janelle McGhee.  I am a teacher, a dancer, and a dance teacher!  I love teaching dance and working with children to hopefully give them an appreciation for the arts and a love of dance.  


I am a certified teacher with an elementary education degree from Pennsylvania.  My degree from Pennsylvania covers grades K-6, but, I have worked with many age groups outside of my degree.  I have also been trained in special education and classroom inclusion.  I was a preschool teacher for four years before deciding to become a full time dance teacher.  Though my degree is from Pennsylvania, I currently live in Madison, Wisconsin. 

I have danced all of my life.  I started dancing at age three and danced throughout college.  Many of the dance courses I took in college not only included technique, but also included dance education and body development.  I teach various genres of dance to many age groups.  I love to dance and want to share my passion.  I hope to instill a love of creative movement and dance into children, so they continue on a healthy and exciting path through life. 

Being a kinesthetic and tactile learner, I found my voice when I began dancing.  I found a deep connection with dance and decided that it needed to be a large part of my life.  Personally, dance helps me feel healthy, expressive and joyful.  I want to pass those feelings along to children.  I feel as though artistic expression is a way to gain self-esteem, confidence and physical and mental health.  

I offer many ways to provide dance to children of all ages.  

I currently work at Dance Fabulous and at MSCR.  I teach dance to students 3 years to 18 years of age. 

MSCR not only offers dance, but offers everything from cooking and basketball to pottery and photography.  Check it out for some amazing programming for all ages!

Dance Fabulous is a growing studio that offers a great deal of adult drop-in classes.  I have started youth programming at Dance Fabulous.  Check out a class for your son or daughter then see what adult classes are at the same time, and take a class yourself!  It is a lot of fun and a very relaxed studio. 

My email is as follows:
jmcghee15@gmail.com

This is the best way to contact me. 

Comments

Popular Posts